5.10.2011

Fire Academy, etc.


Jon came home from his official first day of class last night. He sat in class for a while, listening to lectures. Later, they got their turnout gear and practiced putting it on. Eventually, they started to time them. Jon says they probably did this about 30 times, with shortening the time limit each time. If someone was over the time limit, then they would all have to do an exercise (pushups, sit ups, etc.). Jon was pretty tired, but he was never one to go over the time limit! So now he has to practice getting all his gear on in under 45 seconds (boots, pants, coat, hood, helmet, and gloves). I think he's really enjoying the academy so far, but it is a lot of hard work (both mentally and physically). We'll see what he thinks of the academy after his 1.5 hours of P.T. he has to do on Saturday....

Anyways, yesterday I woke up feeling pretty sick. I threw up twice before even eating any breakfast. I thought I was good to go afterwards and tried eating a fruit bar and some crackers. Well, I was definitely NOT okay because I couldn't keep that down. Anyways, the whole day I felt pretty miserable, and, if I tried to eat even just two crackers when I thought I was doing better, then it just came right back up. It must have been a 24-hr flu because I'm feeling SO much better today (I've eaten and NOT thrown up). Plus, I think I had a mild fever, which has definitely gone away. Jon was so sweet to get me some medicine, popsicles, soda, and jell-o last night, so I could at least put something in my mouth and reduce the fever. Later that evening, after we were already asleep, I woke up to Jon touching my face. I was so confused because I was thinking, "I'm sick and you're waking me up?!" I turned to him and asked if everything was okay. He said, "yes." Then he proceeded to grab my hand and just held it. I was totally confused at what was going on, and then realized that he was probably not fully awake or aware of what he was doing. I asked him about it this morning, and he said he didn't remember it at all. It is something that definitely made us giggle because this seems to happen every once in a while... he does/says weird things in the middle of the night, and then totally doesn't know what I'm talking about the next morning.

1 comments:

Gentri said...

EVERYONE has been sick! I just had the flu too!! You guys are thinking of moving to Arizona?? That would be so awesome! I don't know what it is about AZ right now, but I seriously NEEED to get down there... like it's driving me insane!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com