6.15.2011

Best Week Ever...

Or pretty close to it.

I just had a doctor's appointment today in which I was able to schedule my ultrasound!!!


Woohoo for July 11th! It will be a good week because (1) I get to start the week off by finding out the gender of our baby (hopefully s/he will cooperate), and (2) Harry Potter 7 Part 2 comes out that Friday (the 15th)!! Please, do not laugh at my nerdy excitement over this because I know all of you love HP too. I just don't know when I'll get to see the movie though because I totally forgot that Jon and I can't do what we did for movie #6 and see it at 8AM on Friday (he has work and school allllll day). Boo! Oh well. I might have to wait a while this time or see it by myself...

Anyways, back to the doctor's appointment. The doc said the baby's heartbeat sounded really healthy... I'm on track with weight gain (woohoo!)... and the uterus is in the right place/size. From my very first appointment at 10 weeks, I've only gained about 2 pounds. I'm not for sure on how much I weighed right before I was pregnant, but I'd estimate only 4-5 pounds of total weight gain so far. I know the numbers will start growing much faster in the upcoming weeks/months, but I just hope I can stay at a good, healthy pace that's right for the baby and myself.

In other pregnancy news, I have been having a hard time sleeping some nights (a lot of them) because my hips and knees will start hurting. I've always had a hard time sleeping- I'd usually wake up at least once to get up to go to the bathroom. Now I'm waking up 2-4 times (usually having to go to the bathroom each time). But it's harder to fall back asleep because of the pains I'm having. I asked the doc about it, and he pretty much gave me the same suggestions that I've read/heard about from others. Too bad most of the them are just temporary pain relievers (hot pad, Tylenol, warm bath, etc.). I guess I'll be buying a body pillow to see if that works (there will be NO extra space in our bed with that!).

I'm not positive, but I think I feel the baby when I work out. I just feel some pressure down there, so I don't know if the baby is just enjoying the work out with me or what. Haha. But, otherwise, I haven't felt him/her moving around a lot yet.

Oh, and if anyone wants to buy me this amazing jogging stroller, then I'll love you forever:
Don't worry, it's only like $500 without the second seat (it's another $90 for that). But it's pretty cool...

I've been looking at strollers a lot lately, and I think I've decided on one:


Or this color:


Can you tell I like green?

I personally like the brighter green better.... Have to see if Jon's okay with it too. It looks less manly than the darker one (I want gender neutral baby gear).

Also, I'm kind of thinking of trying cloth diapering... I would have never even considered it if it weren't for the fact that they have disposable (and flushable!!) liners for them. It's worth a shot... saving money and the world all in one... makes me feel good about myself and my baby's bum will feel nice from the soft organic fabrics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com