Maddie learned to sit up from lying down around 7.5 months, and then maybe a week later started crawling.
She started getting into things, doing downward dogs, and climbing into my lap. Separation anxiety is in full effect here. Most days I spend with her in my lap or arms, even with her new mobility skills.
But sometimes she is in a good mood and finds cool things to play with like ramen and guitars. That is when I get about 5-10 minutes to eat or do whatever I want/need to do. But sometimes she likes to know what I'm doing and crawls right into the bathroom (I was cleaning out one of her cloth diapers that time- no business of my own there.). And she likes to see what's going on all the time, especially when we're doing dishes. So she crawls over, grabs our legs, and whines until we pick her up.
One of her daily things is to play with our water jugs and Jon's ramen. She was, apparently, trying to pull them all off (and almost did!) before she got distracted by ramen again.
See? She sure does love ramen. Those packages make lots of noise and are cool to bang on the ground. But it's also cool to bang your head into things. That is something she likes to do these days. It started with toys and other objects, but she will now also bang her head into walls and the like. And the last picture there is Maddie standing up next to Daddy at church (she had help with that).
But she didn't need help for this! She has now started pulling herself up and pulling everything onto the ground that she can grab.
There she is helping Mom find some breakfast. "No, Maddie, I do not want spinach leaves for breakfast." And she continued to pull herself up on other things, like her book/stuffed animal box AND the bathtub. THAT has led to some not so comfortable tumbles. But who doesn't like seeing some baby buns? They are just so cute!
Oh, and Maddie went to the doctor for her 6 month checkup (finally!) at 7 months-ish. She weighed 16 lbs. 7 oz. But I'm guessing she's barely 16 even. This doctor's office weighed her WITH all her clothes on, and I had a cloth diaper on her (which she didn't ever before since we just started using them regularly in the past few months). I thought we were going to put her in a dry diaper, so I was planning on changing her into a disposable when they told us to do so... but they didn't. And they measured her at 24" but she was really 26". AND the doctor maybe said two words to us. Worst doctor's office ever.






mormon.org
0 comments:
Post a Comment