7.28.2010

Battle Creek Falls Hike with YW

Last night we took the YW up to Pleasant Grove to hike to Battle Creek Falls. It was categorized as an easy hike, which I might not agree with other than the fact that it's fairly short. It got pretty steep as you got closer to the water, and that is why I think it's not quite an "easy" hike. We were all hot and sweaty from hiking up there and some of the girls got under the waterfall right away. I told the YW's president that I would get wet if she did (the other two leaders already got wet). So we went out there, and it was FREEZING! I think we waited too long and were already cooled off from the hike, so it would have been better if we got under it immediately when we got there. Plus, it didn't help that another thunderstorm was starting to roll in, and the sun was covered up. I don't have any pictures of me on my camera, but I know there are a few on another leader's camera. I'll see if I can get those soon. It was a fun hike, and I would love to do it again with Jon. I just don't know if he'll be willing to get wet because he's kind of baby when it comes to water (especially freezing mountain water). It would definitely feel really good on a hot summer day though, and we've had a lot of those recently!

The YW's president's husband came with us and took his two kids under the falls. They both cried and were not happy with daddy after that.








2 comments:

EmilyHerb18 said...

How fun! Thats one thing I miss- the mountains. I miss hiking! You're so lucky!

Sandy Jean n Will Demar said...

Jon's a baby? He doesn't like cold mountain water? I'm beginning to wonder if I ever knew Jon! I always thought he was this intense mountain man! HAHA! Looks fun! Congrats on the new car too! Lucky!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com