Anyways, what have we been up to? Well, I went to San Diego towards the beginning of the month for about a week for my baby brother's farewell. He's supposed to be going to Brazil, but he hasn't gotten his visa yet. So they pushed back his MTC report date a week and decided to send him to the Provo one first, while he waited. Turns out that the MTC was only expecting 10 missionaries headed to Brazil, who were still waiting on visas, this last week, but instead they got 76 or something. Crazy. The weather in San Diego/Poway was perfect all week long. 75 and not a single degree higher. I was afraid, though, that the beach would be overcast and cold, but it was THE PERFECT day. Jon lucked out and got a call to a fire while I was gone, so he didn't have to spend the whole weekend by himself. I drove home a day early in my new vehicle (grandma is so nice and gave me her practically brand new car! less than 12,000 miles!) because I was hoping to surprise Jon on our three year anniversary. Take a look at this beaut (not my actual car):

Okay, so it's a Buick... I kind of feel like an old lady in it, but it's a car! And really, it doesn't look quite so nasty like a lot of those older Buicks.
Jon came home the next evening, and we celebrated our anniversary later that weekend at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen)! YUM!
Other news: Jon and I have been thinking of moving into a house that his brother is trying to buy out in Eagle Mountain (his brother is in Iraq right now for a year). I have been very hesitant about it though, and my reasoning for it has fully come true in the past few days (i.e. I didn't want to live there if my BIL's fiancée decided she wanted to move in as well at some point). I was reassured that it was just going to be us, but that his BIL really wanted my SIL and nephew to be able to live there too... which I wasn't too excited about either. But I came up with the idea that Jon and I would live in the basement, and, therefore, would still have a private area to ourselves. Well, yeah, I don't think it's happening anymore, like I said, which I have mixed emotions about. I was excited for a new place, but I really don't want to leave this ward or my YW. So I'm not sure what's going to happen now, but I think Jon might seriously consider purchasing a condo or townhouse, if we can get a loan.
Oh, and for a final note: I hate the Red Cross organization so much. I am never dealing with that place again. Let's just say that I was supposed to be certified in First Aid/CPR last Friday from 1PM to 3PM, and (1) our instructor never showed up, (2) the employees there are rude and don't pay any attention to you, (3) they didn't even do anything about us not having an instructor until 1:40PM, and (4) they charged me an extra $180 for the certification because they have a website that isn't user-friendly nor does it work. Oh, I forgot to add that I also have to go back Wednesday to finish the First Aid/take a test because I had to leave at 3PM on Friday, and we had already started wayyy later than planned.
That's about it. School starts next week. Excited? No.
mormon.org
1 comments:
Julie- I'm so excited that you got a new car. Your grandma is so awesome!
It would be awesome if you guys got to buy a condo or townhouse. NO MORE STUPID PARKING PROBLEMS OR TONS OF ANNOYING NEIGHBORS!
YAY!
Good luck this semester! Love ya!
Post a Comment